holland — three separate commercial fires occurred recently in holland at lg chem, medilodge of holland, and greenbrier apartments that were detected early because of fire alarm systems.
红包扫雷源码免费下载"we're trying to underscore the value of good working fire alarm systems," said capt. chris tinney with the holland fire department. "all these fires were detected early. we want to encourage people to not be complacent, and react accordingly."
红包扫雷源码免费下载the most recent fire was at greenbriar apartments at 121 s. waverly road early in the morning on thursday, feb. 20. holland firefighters responded to a fire alarm shortly after midnight. there was heavy smoke in the 66-unit apartment building, stemming from a fire in the trash room on the second floor.
红包扫雷源码免费下载the apartment fire was extinguished quickly with no injuries except one resident being hospitalized for smoke inhalation. the cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental and most likely a result of discarded smoking materials.
the fire at lg chem on jan. 20 was a result of a short in a battery cell in a piece of equipment, tinney said, which is a rare occurrence.
"lg chem has done an exceptional job making sure they prevent fires," tinney said. "everything was back up and running by the end of that shift. that's the value of good fire protection systems and good response."
红包扫雷源码免费下载the fire at medilodge of holland on tuesday, feb. 18, started in a laundry dryer.
红包扫雷源码免费下载"we believe they were drying rags and sometimes they contain cooking oils, we believe that's what happened," tinney said.
红包扫雷源码免费下载in all three fires there was limited property loss, minimal interruption to the occupants, and no loss of life, tinney said.
红包扫雷源码免费下载"once alarms activate, implement your evacuation plans and emergency operations plans," tinney said. "if you need assistance establishing these safety protocols, please contact the holland fire department on how to do so."
红包扫雷源码免费下载— contact reporter kate carlson at email@example.com and follow her on twitter @sentinelkate and @bizholland.